How to Deal With Abusive Mother in Law?
- Set boundaries: Clearly communicate what behaviors are unacceptable to you and ask her to respect them.
- Avoid confrontation: Try to limit or avoid direct interactions with your abusive mother-in-law, especially if they lead to arguments.
- Seek support: Seek help from friends, family, a therapist or a support group for emotional support.
- Stand up for yourself: Confront the behavior and be firm and assertive in your response.
- Address the situation with your partner: Have a conversation with your spouse about the situation and work together to find a solution.
- Seek legal protection: If the situation becomes physically or emotionally dangerous, consider seeking a restraining order or other legal protections.
- Focus on your own well-being: Remember that taking care of yourself and protecting your own mental and emotional health is the most important thing.
- If all this dont work you may contact:
Advocate J.S. Rohilla