How to get divorce in Indore?
To obtain a divorce in Indore, you will need to follow these steps:
- File a petition for divorce in the family court: This is the first step in the divorce process. You will need to file a petition in the family court that has jurisdiction over the area where you or your spouse reside. You will need to prove the grounds for divorce, such as cruelty, desertion, or mental or physical incapacity.
- Submit evidence of marriage: You will need to submit evidence of your marriage, such as your marriage certificate, to the court.
- Serve the petition: Once the petition is filed, you will need to serve a copy of it to your spouse. This is typically done through a process server or by registered mail.
- Wait for the mandatory waiting period: Under Indian law, there is a mandatory waiting period of six months from the date of filing the petition before a divorce can be granted.
- Attend court hearings: Once the waiting period has passed, you and your spouse may need to attend court hearings to resolve any disputes or issues related to the divorce, such as property division or child custody.
- Obtain the divorce decree: Once the court is satisfied that all the grounds for divorce have been established, and all disputes have been resolved, it will grant the divorce by issuing a divorce decree.
It is highly recommended to take the help of a lawyer for guidance and help through the process and also to know about the documents and the other formalities required for the divorce to be granted.
Advocate J.S. Rohilla