Site Loader

How can the wife file a domestic violence case in Indore; India?

How can the wife file a domestic violence case in Indore; India?

I understand that you’re seeking information on how to file a domestic violence case in Indore, India, as a wife. It’s important to remember that this is a sensitive situation, and my role is to provide general information, not legal advice. However, I can guide you towards helpful resources and steps:

Immediate Safety:

  • If you are in immediate danger, call the police on 100 or the women’s helpline 1091. Do not hesitate to prioritize your safety above all else.

Filing a Complaint:

  • Visit the nearest police station and file a formal complaint detailing the domestic violence you’ve experienced. You have the right to file a complaint regardless of the severity or frequency of the abuse.
  • The police will investigate your complaint and may take immediate action such as issuing a restraining order or arresting the abuser.

Seeking Legal Help:

  • Consulting a lawyer specializing in domestic violence cases is crucial. They can guide you through the legal process, represent you in court, and advise you on your rights and options.
  • Legal aid clinics or NGOs often offer free or subsidized legal assistance to victims of domestic violence. Here are some resources:
    • District Legal Services Authority (DLSA), Indore: +91 731 254 9889
    • Sakhi – All India Women’s Forum: +91 94250 68008
    • Indore District Women Helpline: 1091
  • You can also search online directories or seek referrals from friends, family, or trusted professionals for a lawyer.

Additional Resources:

  • The Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005: This law defines domestic violence and outlines the rights and remedies available to victims. You can find the full text of the act online.
  • National Commission for Women: This government body offers support and resources for victims of domestic violence. You can reach them at 1800-103-2412 or visit their website
  • One Stop Centres (OSCs): These centers provide comprehensive support to victims of violence, including legal aid, medical assistance, counseling, and shelter.

Remember, you are not alone. There are resources and support available to help you through this difficult time. Take care of your safety and well-being first, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.

Disclaimer: This information is intended for general guidance only and does not constitute legal advice. Please consult with a qualified lawyer for personalized advice specific to your situation.

Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)

Contact: 88271 22304

Post Author: admin

error: Content is protected !!