Site Loader
Property-Dispute-lawyer -in-indore

How to file a complaint in consumer court against real estate builders in Indore?

Filing a complaint against real estate builders in Indore involves specific steps within the purview of consumer protection laws. Here’s a detailed guide on how to file a complaint in the consumer court against real estate builders in Indore:

  1. Understand Your Rights as a Consumer:
    Familiarize yourself with the rights and protections provided to consumers by the Consumer Protection Act, 2019. Understand the specific rights related to real estate transactions.
  2. Gather Necessary Documents and Evidence:
    Collect all relevant documents related to the property purchase, such as the sale agreement, payment receipts, correspondence, and any other relevant records that support your complaint.
  3. Consult an Attorney:
    Seek legal counsel from a lawyer experienced in consumer law or real estate matters. They can guide you on the legal aspects and help you build a strong case.
  4. File a Complaint with the Builder:
    Send a formal written complaint to the real estate builder explaining the issue and the relief you seek. Request them to address the issue within a specified timeframe.
  5. Approach the Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum (CDRF):
    If the builder does not respond or does not provide a satisfactory resolution, file a complaint with the appropriate Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum (CDRF). In Indore, you can file it with the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum.
  6. Prepare the Complaint:
    Draft a clear and detailed complaint outlining the nature of the dispute, the relief sought, and the facts supporting your case. Attach all relevant documents as exhibits.
  7. Pay the Prescribed Fee:
    Pay the requisite filing fee as per the fee structure of the Consumer Forum for the respective jurisdiction. The fee varies based on the value of the claim.
  8. Submit the Complaint:
    Submit the complaint along with the prescribed fee and supporting documents to the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum in Indore. Ensure you keep a copy of the complaint and fee payment receipt.
  9. Attend the Hearings:
    Attend the scheduled hearings at the Consumer Forum and present your case before the concerned authority. Follow the proceedings and provide any additional information or evidence as required.
  10. Obtain the Order:
    After hearing both parties, the Consumer Forum will pass an order. If the order is in your favor, the builder will be directed to provide the appropriate relief, which may include compensation or rectification of the issue.

To file a complaint in the consumer court against real estate builders in Indore, gather evidence, consult an attorney, file a formal complaint with the builder, and subsequently file a complaint with the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum in Indore, paying the prescribed fee and presenting your case during the hearings.

Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)

Contact: 88271 22304

Post Author: admin

error: Content is protected !!