How to file a divorce case in Indore?
To file a divorce case in Indore, India, the following steps should be taken:
- Determine the jurisdiction: The divorce case should be filed in the district court having jurisdiction over the place where either the husband or the wife resides.
- Prepare the necessary documents: The following documents should be prepared and filed along with the divorce petition: marriage certificate, proof of residency, and a grounds for divorce.
- Draft and file the petition: A divorce petition should be drafted and filed in the district court, stating the grounds for divorce and seeking a decree of divorce.
- Serve the petition: The petition should then be served to the other spouse, who has the opportunity to respond.
- Attend the court proceedings: Both parties must attend the court proceedings, and the court may require additional evidence and testimony before making a decision.
- Decree of divorce: If the court finds that the grounds for divorce are established, it will issue a decree of divorce, officially dissolving the marriage.
It is recommended to consult a qualified divorce lawyer in Indore, who can guide you through the process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Advocate: J.S. Rohilla