How to make a birth certificate in Indore?
To make a birth certificate in Indore, India, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Register the Birth
- Within 21 days of the child’s birth, the birth must be registered with the concerned authority. In Indore, the registration can be done at the Municipal Corporation office.
- Visit the nearest Municipal Corporation office in Indore, which is located at:
Indore Municipal Corporation,
Palika Plaza, A. B. Road, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
Step 2: Obtain the Birth Registration Form
- Approach the Birth Registration counter and request an application form for a birth certificate.
- Fill out the form completely and accurately with all the required information.
Step 3: Submit the Application and Required Documents
- Submit the filled application form along with the necessary supporting documents to the concerned authority at the counter.
- The required documents usually include:
- Proof of birth: This can be the hospital discharge summary, medical certificate, or any other document provided by the hospital or midwife.
- Proof of residence: You may need to provide a document showing the residential address of the child’s parents, such as a ration card, electricity bill, voter ID, or Aadhaar card.
- Identity proof of the parents: Carry documents like Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, or any other government-issued identity proof of both parents.
- Marriage certificate of the parents (if applicable): In case the child’s parents are married, provide a copy of the marriage certificate.
- Affidavit with the child’s name, birthplace, date of birth, and parent’s details (if the child’s name is not yet decided).
Step 4: Verification and Processing
- The authorities will verify the details and documents provided by you.
- If there are any discrepancies or missing information, they may request additional documents or ask you to provide further clarification.
- The verification process may take a few days.
Step 5: Payment of Fees
- Once the verification is complete, you will be informed about the fees to be paid.
- Pay the prescribed fees at the designated counter. The fee may vary based on factors like the processing time.
Step 6: Collection of Birth Certificate
- After paying the fees, you will receive a receipt.
- Retain the receipt and collect the birth certificate on the assigned date mentioned on the receipt.
- The birth certificate can be collected from the Municipal Corporation office.
Note: It is advisable to carry the original documents along with photocopies for verification purposes. The specific requirements and procedures may vary slightly, so it’s recommended to inquire about any additional requirements or changes at the Municipal Corporation office or their official website.
Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)
Contact: 88271 22304