Site Loader

What to do if police is not taking action after FIR in Indore

Legal Guidance if Police are not taking Action after FIR in Indore

Disclaimer: This information is for general awareness only and is not a substitute for professional legal advice. Please consult a lawyer for specific legal guidance on your case.

As a lawyer, I understand your frustration if the police are not taking proper action after you filed an FIR in Indore. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Follow up with the Investigating Officer (IO):

  • Visit the police station and meet the IO assigned to your case. Politely inquire about the progress of the investigation and reiterate your concern about the lack of action.
  • Request a copy of the FIR and any subsequent investigation reports.

2. File a complaint with the Superintendent of Police (SP):

  • Under Section 154(3) of the CrPC, if you are not satisfied with the investigation at the police station level, you can file a written complaint with the SP.
  • Clearly state your grievance about the non-action by the police and explain the details of your case.
  • The SP is obligated to inquire into the matter and take appropriate action, which may include directing the IO to expedite the investigation or transferring the case to another officer.

3. Approach the Madhya Pradesh State Human Rights Commission (MPHRC):

  • If you feel your right to life, liberty, and security have been violated due to police inaction, you can file a complaint with the MPHRC.
  • You can submit your complaint online or in person at the MPHRC office in Bhopal.
  • The Commission can take suo moto action and direct the police to take necessary steps in your case.

4. Consult a lawyer:

  • Seeking legal advice from a qualified lawyer experienced in criminal law is crucial. They can assess your case, guide you through the available options, and help you pursue legal remedies such as filing a writ petition in the High Court.


  • Keep copies of all documents related to your case, including the FIR, complaint copies, and communication with the police or authorities.
  • Be assertive and polite in your interactions with the police and authorities.
  • Do not lose hope, and persist in seeking justice through available legal channels.

I hope this information is helpful. Please remember that seeking professional legal advice is always recommended for specific legal issues.

Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)

Contact: 88271 22304

Post Author: admin

error: Content is protected !!