What to do if you are facing a summary trial in Indore?
What to do if your are facing a summary trial in Indore?
Here are some things to do if you are facing a summary trial in Indore:
1. Stay calm and collected. It is important to remember that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Do not panic or make any rash decisions.
2. Politely ask to speak to a lawyer. You have the right to have a lawyer present during your trial, even if you cannot afford one. If you cannot afford a lawyer, the court will appoint one to you for free.
3. Carefully listen to the charges against you. Make sure you understand what you are being accused of. If you do not understand, ask the judge or your lawyer to explain it to you.
4. Plead not guilty. You should always plead not guilty unless you have a lawyer with you and you have discussed your options.
5. Testify on your behalf. You have the right to testify on your own behalf. If you choose to testify, be honest and truthful.
6. Object to any evidence that is not relevant or admissible. Your lawyer can help you with this.
7. Cross-examine the prosecution’s witnesses. Your lawyer can help you with this.
8. Present your own evidence. Your lawyer can help you with this.
9. Make a closing argument. Your lawyer will do this for you.
10. Listen to the judge’s verdict. If you are found guilty, you will have the right to appeal the verdict.
Here are some additional tips:
- Be respectful to the judge and all other court personnel.
- Dress appropriately for court.
- Be prepared to answer questions from the judge and the lawyers.
- Be honest and truthful in your testimony.
- Do not interrupt the judge or the lawyers.
- If you do not understand something, ask the judge or your lawyer to explain it to you.
If you are facing a summary trial in Indore, it is important to remember that you have rights. You should exercise those rights and protect yourself by consulting a good criminal lawyer in Indore
Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)
Contact: 88271 22304