Can a divorce be obtained through mutual consent in Indore?
Yes, a divorce can be obtained through mutual consent in Indore. The process for obtaining a divorce by mutual consent is as follows:
- Both spouses must agree to get a divorce.
- The spouses must file a joint petition with the Family Court.
- The petition must state that the spouses have been living separately for a period of one year or more, or have not been able to live together due to a continuous state of discord or mental incompatibility.
- The spouses must appear before the Family Court for two motions.
- At the first motion, the court will examine the petition and may ask questions of the parties.
- The court may order the parties to attend counseling sessions.
- At the second motion, the court will hear the evidence of the parties and make a decision on the divorce petition.
If the court grants a divorce, it will issue a decree of divorce. The decree of divorce will dissolve the marriage between the parties.
The time it takes to obtain a divorce by mutual consent is typically between six and twelve months.
If you are considering filing for divorce by mutual consent, it is important to speak to a lawyer to discuss your options and the best way to proceed.
Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)
Contact: 88271 22304