Site Loader

Can a divorce be obtained through mutual consent in Indore?

Yes, a divorce can be obtained through mutual consent in Indore. The process for obtaining a divorce by mutual consent is as follows:

  1. Both spouses must agree to get a divorce.
  2. The spouses must file a joint petition with the Family Court.
  3. The petition must state that the spouses have been living separately for a period of one year or more, or have not been able to live together due to a continuous state of discord or mental incompatibility.
  4. The spouses must appear before the Family Court for two motions.
  5. At the first motion, the court will examine the petition and may ask questions of the parties.
  6. The court may order the parties to attend counseling sessions.
  7. At the second motion, the court will hear the evidence of the parties and make a decision on the divorce petition.

If the court grants a divorce, it will issue a decree of divorce. The decree of divorce will dissolve the marriage between the parties.

The time it takes to obtain a divorce by mutual consent is typically between six and twelve months.

If you are considering filing for divorce by mutual consent, it is important to speak to a lawyer to discuss your options and the best way to proceed.

Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)

Contact: 88271 22304

Post Author: admin

error: Content is protected !!