How long does it take to get a divorce in Indore?
The time it takes to get a divorce in Indore depends on the type of divorce being sought.
- Divorce by mutual consent: A divorce by mutual consent is the quickest and easiest way to get a divorce. If both spouses agree to get a divorce, they can file a joint petition with the court. The court will then grant a decree of divorce after a period of six months.
- Contested divorce: A contested divorce is a divorce where the spouses do not agree to get a divorce. In a contested divorce, the spouses must file separate petitions with the court and present evidence to support their claims. The court will then hear both sides of the case and make a decision on whether or not to grant a divorce. Contested divorces can take anywhere from one to two years or more to finalize.
In general, the time it takes to get a divorce in Indore is as follows:
- Divorce by mutual consent: 6-12 months
- Contested divorce: 1-2 years or more
The time it takes to get a divorce can also be affected by the following factors:
- The workload of the court
- The availability of the judge
- The complexity of the case
- The cooperation of the spouses
If you are considering filing for divorce, it is important to speak to a lawyer to discuss your options and the best way to proceed.
Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)
Contact: 88271 22304