Site Loader

What is succession certificate and how to get one in Indore?

A succession certificate is a legal document that establishes the legal heirs of a deceased person and their respective shares in the deceased’s estate. It is a valuable document for obtaining access to the deceased’s assets, such as bank accounts, investments, and property.

To get a succession certificate in Indore, you can follow these steps:

  1. Obtain the application form. You can get the application form from the District Court of Indore or download it from the website of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
  2. Fill out the application form. The application form will require you to provide basic information about yourself, the deceased person, and the deceased person’s estate. You will also need to attach supporting documents, such as the death certificate, a copy of your identity proof, and a copy of the deceased person’s will (if any).
  3. File the application form. Once you have completed the application form and attached all the required documents, you can file it at the District Court of Indore.
  4. Pay the court fee. You will need to pay a court fee of Rs. 1.25 for filing the application form.
  5. Attend the hearing. Once the application has been filed, the court will schedule a hearing. You will need to attend the hearing and answer any questions that the judge may have.
  6. Receive the succession certificate. If the court is satisfied with your application, it will issue you a succession certificate.

Here are the required documents for obtaining a succession certificate in Indore:

  • Duly filled application form
  • Death certificate of the deceased person
  • Identity proof of the applicant
  • Copy of the deceased person’s will (if any)
  • Proof of relationship between the applicant and the deceased person
  • Proof of the deceased person’s assets and liabilities

You may also need to provide additional documents depending on the specific circumstances of the case.

Please note that the process of obtaining a succession certificate can be time-consuming and complex. It is advisable to consult with a lawyer to get assistance with the process.

Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)

Contact: 88271 22304

Post Author: admin

error: Content is protected !!