Site Loader

How to file and register an FIR online in Indore?

How to file and register an FIR online in Indore? Filing and Registering an FIR Online in Indore:

While Indore currently doesn’t offer a complete online FIR registration system, there is a partial online option available for specific cases. Here’s how you can proceed:

1. Understand the Limitations:

  • The online FIR system (e-FIR) in Indore only covers cognizable offenses. These are crimes where the police can arrest the accused without a warrant. Examples include theft, assault, robbery, etc.
  • Non-cognizable offenses (like property disputes or traffic violations) still require you to visit the police station.

2. Access the e-FIR Portal:

3. Register or Login:

  • If you’re a new user, click on “Register” and create an account using your mobile number and email address.
  • If you already have an account, log in using your credentials.

4. Select Complaint Type:

  • Choose the category of your complaint from the available options.
  • Make sure the selected category falls under cognizable offenses.

5. Fill the Complaint Form:

  • Provide details like the date, time, and location of the incident.
  • Describe the offense clearly and concisely.
  • Mention any witnesses or evidence you have.
  • Upload any relevant documents or photos (if possible).

6. Submit the e-FIR:

  • Review your complaint carefully before submitting.
  • Once submitted, you’ll receive an acknowledgment number and a copy of the e-FIR via email.

7. Follow Up:

  • While the e-FIR is registered, it’s not a complete substitute for a physical FIR.
  • You’ll be notified to visit the concerned police station within 24 hours to verify the complaint and provide further details.
  • Carry the e-FIR acknowledgment and any supporting documents with you.

Additional Points:

  • The e-FIR system is still under development, and functionalities might change.
  • For emergencies or non-cognizable offenses, always dial 100 or visit the nearest police station immediately.
  • If you face any issues with the e-FIR system, contact the police helpline or visit the citizen portal for support.

Remember, this information is for general guidance only. It’s advisable to consult with a lawyer or legal professional for specific advice regarding your situation.

Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)

Contact: 88271 22304

Post Author: admin

error: Content is protected !!