What is mutation of property in Indore?
Mutation of property in Indore is the process of updating the government records to reflect a change in ownership of a property. This can be done due to a variety of reasons, such as a sale, gift, or inheritance.
Mutation of property is important because it provides legal proof of ownership of the property. It also ensures that the new owner is responsible for paying property taxes and other fees associated with the property.
The process of mutating property in Indore is as follows:
- The new owner must submit a mutation application form to the Tehsildar Office in their area.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Stamp paper of the required value
- Death certificate of the deceased owner (if applicable)
- Indemnity and affidavit stamp paper of the required value (if applicable)
- Up-to-date tax payment receipts
- Sale deed or gift deed (if applicable)
- Will (if applicable)
- Any other relevant documents
- The new owner must also pay the mutation fee at the Tehsildar Office counter.
- The Tehsildar Office will then verify the documents and update the records.
- Once the records have been updated, the new owner will receive a mutation certificate.
The mutation certificate is an important document that should be kept safe. It is proof of ownership of the property and may be required for certain transactions, such as obtaining a loan or selling the property in the future.
The processing time for mutation of property in Indore varies depending on the complexity of the case. However, it usually takes within 30 days to complete the process.
If you have recently acquired a property in Indore, it is important to have the property mutated in your name as soon as possible. This will ensure that you have legal proof of ownership and that you are able to enjoy all of the benefits of owning the property.
Adcocate J.S. Rohilla (Civil & Criminal Lawyer in Indore)
Contact: 88271 22304